Goodies vs. Love with Food – Subscription Box Review Showdown
by Courtney C Horne @FireezDragon
For July, I tried both the Goodies and Love with Food boxes. I knew I was likely going to get rid of one of them. They are both more generalized food boxes and I figured I only wanted one of those. So here is a bit of a comparison between the two, in case you are looking at the same choice..
- Price – Goodies is $7 and Love with Food is $12
- In July, I got 8 items – plus a $25 gift card in my Love with Food Box. By Comparison, Goodies sent me 5 items.
- The Goodies box did not have a theme. Love with Food had a pretty strong theme around the “fun on the boardwalk” idea. I really think the theme makes the box more exciting for me.
- Goodies doesn’t include an info card but Love with Food does. I really like the info cards and I prefer that my subscription boxes include them.
- Love with Food donates at least one meal to charity for every box they sell. I know that it is a small thing and that donating one’s self is far more effective, however, if I am given the choice between a box with a donation and one without the one with the donation box will likely win. Goodies, on the other hand, is a walmart affiliate- which I didn’t realize when I signed up for it..
- Lastly, and most importantly for many people, Love with Food sent me better food. I liked the stuff in it’s box a lot more